Thursday, May 19, 2005
I'm Doing It!

Good news...Doppler came back normal. Headaches gone. Still some dizziness and cramping in my arms, chest, and a bit in the neck but hopefully will clear up with physical therapy or some other route not yet explored.

So, at 10:25 PM on Tuesday night, I decided I WILL do the Marine Corps Marathon. Nothing like leaving decisions till the last minute! So, my registration is postmarked on time and I'm ready to go! I've been checking out hotels and flights in the Washington DC area. Anybody from around there have any good suggestions? I am really excited about the prospect of doing this. I figured out that I need an average of 14 minute miles up to mile 20 if I don't want to get stopped at that point. It doesn't sound too bad...but I'm still building up my endurance and haven't went that far in training yet. So, we'll see how it goes. I've also checked out the Rock N Roll Marathon for next year...it sounds like it would be a fun one too. I must be crazy!

I'm also getting ready to head to WW today. I've missed the past 2 weeks with being ill, but the doctor's scale has shown me good things...I have a feeling a bit of the big loss last week will be back to visit today. Boo! But, it will still be less than my last official weigh-in there! If I don't gain and the scale agrees with the doc, I'll get my 10 pound sticker :) The weight might not be just falling off me, but I think I'm doing it right this time and the changes will stick.

I'm thinking about moving my little blog elsewhere...Blogger has been great, but I'd like to be able to do a bit more...I'll let you know if I decide to make the leap!