Wednesday, March 30, 2005
Slut--It Looks Good On You :)

Today's crazy title is brought to you by the Advertising Slogan Generator. Today, I was feeling adventurous and put on this shirt that has this completely crazy neckline. I had bought it on sale a few months ago not noticing that the opening was so huge!! I must be losing somewhere on top, because today I had to keep fighting with it so it wouldn't slide off my shoulder :) Plus, whenever I bent down, anyone nearby would get quite an eyeful of cleavage if I wasn't careful. Totally not my type of shirt, ya know? This shirt is now known as the "Slut Shirt". After dealing with it during classes, I finally got over my paranoia and felt a bit sassy wearing it. But, I figured this top just may not be work appropriate. So, I got the idea to tie these odd strings (used for when it's on a hanger) around my bra straps. Bankers just can't get away with too much flash, even if I'm dealing with customers on the phone! No, it wasn't my smartest move ever, but people really liked the shirt! Maybe I'll have to be a bit more daring the next time I purchase more clothes...love the compliments, people!!

Today, I didn't make the wisest food choice for lunch. I didn't pack one today, so I headed over to a place that was advertising grilled chicken fajitas...it sounds ok, right?? Well, it came with refried beans, rice, cheese, and some other various toppings. Well, I looked it up when I got home, and the meal was worth 830 calories and 25 grams of fat! Egads!! I didn't eat most of the side stuff, so I don't know how much I saved myself. Even with that catastrophy, I ended up being ok pointwise with 29.

I also spent 90 minutes at the gym this evening...15 minutes on the elliptical and 75 minutes on the treadmill. Normally, I do not spend so much time on the treadmill, but the weights area was packed!! As I've said before, I'm working on preparing for a walking marathon, plus the MS Walk in 2 weeks and the March of Dimes WalkAmerica at the end of the month. Well, I've found something interesting about my body. It wants to run! It shocked me Monday, so today I decided to deliberately put the pace to a good running speed...I ran a good 15 minutes straight, and then decided to set it back to reality setting because I just wasn't wearing the right shoes and I could feel a blister setting in. So damn, I really am getting fit! Who knew? I haven't ran so much since my days of soccer as a forward and halfback. Maybe this running thing isn't so scary as my head makes it out to be!

My next weigh-in at WW is tomorrow, and I think it's going to be a good one. I'm so glad I decided to go back. As Kristi said in her most recent post, having to go in and have someone weigh you really does keep you accountable!