Friday, March 18, 2005
Happy Birthday to Me!

Well, I'm 27 now and I don't feel a bit older yet!! My coworkers guessed that I was turning 23! LOL!! When I'm old, I'm sure I'll appreciate the young comments, but I'd love to be my age once. When I was in 5th grade, people mistakenly believed my sister was my daughter. It's odd how impressions change!

Since we're covered with over a foot of snow, we didn't go out for my birthday yet. Pretty much without fail, there is always snow on my birthday. It could be 70 degrees the next day (yes, it has happened!), but the snow gods love to smack us on my day! Good thing I'm not a cake fan because I didn't get one! My mom is going to make me an angel food cupcake tomorrow. If you've never had one, they are yummy and not bad for WW points either! I spent the night watching movies with the family...exciting, I know. I got a cool jacket that I've been eyeing for awhile and some Bath and Body Works stuff. I guess I'm getting more later...due to the weather changing, my family didn't really get out to buy anything. Yes, we all carry the procrastination gene :) I'm waiting for my gift from Paul...he says if I don't get up there over Spring Break that he'll send it. Just a week away now!!

And for an update from yesterday's post, I love my new hair cut!! I got to the salon early and found some cute ideas in a book. I think the color is the best part!! I took some pictures last night, but they just don't show the highlights the best. Everybody at work was commenting about my hair...either my hair was so bad before (well it was starting to look pretty shabby) or this one is just way better. I'll put up some pictures this weekend!

Finally, for a weight update, I'm down another pound :) I'm working on devising a challenge for myself for May and then for my next birthday. I'll share a bit more tomorrow!