Monday, March 07, 2005
Sleep is Good!

Last night, I did something that I haven't done in a LONG time. I went to bed by 10:30 PM! For once, it wasn't hard at all to wake up this morning. I definitely needed it after being all out of sorts for the past week. I was so off kilter yesterday that I wasn't even hungry all day and ended up with only 300 calories consumed. Before you start freaking out, my dinner/breakfast was at midnight Sunday due to having to bring my grandma home after my sister's play Saturday and not getting a chance to eat before it. So, those calories pretty much can be added to it...but it still makes it a pretty low day.

I hate to admit it, but when I get bogged down with life, I have a tendency to fall into a depression and forget to do the things I should. Thank goodness I'm realizing it for myself this time before someone else has to. I figured out that I set my alarm for Friday (but didn't turn the ringer on) which made me miss my first class. Missing class made me unaware that we had a test today (thank goodness, everything was about what I deal with in work daily!). I had to push myself to exercise, remind myself to eat, make an extreme effort to study, and force myself to go to bed. Things I let slide by: picking up after myself and showering. Yesterday, I avoided any contact with my roommates and ignored a few phone calls. This is just wrong...I'm seriously thinking about finally seeing someone about my situation because I'm so sick of the mood swings.

To try to break the depression pattern, I'm scheduling out every activity because knowing exactly what I need to do gives me a routine and something to focus on. I even am planning all my meals ahead of time. I am going to TRY to focus on one problem at a time...which means not stressing about the move until I have immediate needs taken care of...Paul is just going to have to chill about it. Hopefully, things will just work themselves out without driving me insane!

To end on a good note, for my official Monday weigh in, I'm actually down 3 pounds...I'll take any loss that I can get!