Thursday, February 24, 2005
Anonymity Be Damned!

Thanks for the comments about my sister, Trish and Girl from Florida! How did she find me? Well, I let her use my laptop once to check her email. She ended up working on her own blog instead, posted a message, and realized she was signed in as me! Grrrr for letting my computer remember me. (If you don't watch out, Danielle, I'll post your blog address here :) Actually, you probably don't even care because you crave all the attention!) Gosh, I don't even care if people from work find me (I know one did, but I have no idea who it is exactly)...but I just feel weird about friends and family knowing everything I do. It's my own fault for being as open as I am, and I'm not going to change that just because someone may actually ask about it later. So screw anonymity! (at least some of it)

So anyways, I just found out that a friend of mine from college (the same person who didn't acknowledge my existence in high school) just got married. My mom was quick to show me the wedding announcement in the paper. She always thought that I had a crush on him and I've always denied it. One of my sisters swore she saw me holding his hand while walking out of work one time. I've lost track of how many dang times his name has come up in conversations with the family. Well, I looked at his picture, and dang he looked old!! I don't know if it is just the lack of hair in the 1.5 years since I've seen him or what! I was glad to see that he looked happy and that he actually is accomplishing his goal he set out to do. I know a bit about his girlfriend (I don't really think that much of her!), but if she makes him happy, so be it.

Well, now that years have passed, I did have a huge crush on him for ONE summer. We worked together five days a week, hung out on breaks, and talked a great deal. Plus, he was an awesome trumpet player, a terrific actor, and his singing could make me melt....musicians always make me swoon. We also had a little scene that we had to perform that summer for the new freshmen that had to do with making out...that's all the detail I'll go into about that. I pined away and had a few interesting dreams about him...nothing life-changing really happened with us. I fell for someone else that fall, and the crush went away. In fact, I didn't even feel much of a twinge seeing his picture. Usually wedding announcements for people around my age make me a bit sad, but I didn't feel it this time. Maybe it's because I know Paul has a ring for me already or just that I don't care what the family says anymore about not wearing one yet. The reason I was holding off posting about my former crush is because I do not want my mom to know that she was right (even if it was only for three months) and the possibility of more teasing mortification by the family! Oh well, I don't care!

In weight-related news: The scale is showing a loss of 4 pounds already this week. I jumped on the scale three times this morning before class to verify it!! If that isn't incentive to keep going to the gym, I don't know what is :) Sure, a lot of it is due to my totally crappy week before, but I'll take it!