Monday, February 14, 2005
I Love Me But I Hate My Toe!

Happy Valentine's Day! I'm not doing anything that special. With class, work, and then the gym afterwards, I'm ready to hit the sack by the time I get home. And of course, I'm not in the same zip code as my sweetie, so I wouldn't be doing much of anything even if I had the energy. I talked to him a bit tonight and he had some bad news about his mom....back in the hospital yet again. This year has really been rough for both of us due to family members being sick or having cancer complications. I hope those troubles cease soon.

Anyways, since I don't have a valentine in my area code, I wrote a valentine to myself. It was actually an assignment for one of my classes. A couple years ago, I'd never to be able to figure out a sweet thing to say about myself. But now, I came up with a few good things. I've wrote about some of them before, so I won't bother going sweet on myself again here :)

So, why do I hate my toe? I did something to my pinky toe over the weekend, and I have no idea what happened. I pushed my backpack with my foot, and all of a sudden, my pinky toe got a sharp pain. On Saturday, I couldn't even bare to put pressure on it. Yesterday, I walked with a bit of a limp due to it, and today, it still hurts like hell!! Even if it's broken, there isn't much that I can do to fix it except wrap it. If the pain doesn't go away by tomorrow, I may need to take a saw and take me out of my misery!!

EDIT: Eeewwww, I just took off my sock and my toe is insanely purple and swollen. I didn't even bother looking at it yesterday. I'm afraid it really does show the symptoms of being broken...not just me being melodramatic for effect :(