Wednesday, December 29, 2004
Nerves...

I can't sleep. Paul is due to arrive in less than 24 hours, and I'm so nervous. It's been soooo long since we've been together, and I just want everything to go right. I want us to figure out where in the world we are headed, and OK I admit it, I need to get laid :) All these thoughts keep running through my head..."What if the plane crashes?" "What if he oversleeps and misses the plane?" "What if he doesn't recognize me anymore?" "What if I'm not as good as I used to be?" "Will this be the time he finally proposes?" "Am I ready to be hitched?" My stomach is doing flipflops. I just need to relax and focus on things that I can control...it is soooo hard!!

In other news, I was contacted at work today about the position I applied for about a month ago. This would be a dream job and right in the area I would like to be in instead of tethered to the phone. The recruiter told me there were a bunch of applications for the position, and I've made it to the second round. I would be helping at job fairs, interviewing employees, and mainly being her right hand. So, I have an interview with her on Friday. If I get this position, the experience will make me a lot more appealing to other employers once I make the big move to NYC.

I just need to fall asleep...maybe I'll have to try counting backwards from 100....it always works under antesthesia!! If only tomorrow would be right now!!