Thursday, December 09, 2004
Inventory Time

Well, it's been about three months since I started WW, so I figure it's a good time to assess how I've done and what I need to change. Then, I'll work on a weekly plan of attack.

Good things:
  1. I've lost 13 pounds...woohoo!! This loss is a lot less than I know I'm capable of, but it's a good start considering my effort.
  2. I've prepared healthy meals at home more often.
  3. I've consciously made better food decisions.
Things to work on:
  1. Exercise: I was doing great at first!! Then, I got busy with schoolwork and haven't been to the gym in a couple of weeks now. I need to get back into gear with that!
  2. I haven't actually tracked my points since the first week. I mentally calculate, but I know I'm probably off a bit.
  3. I've had a couple of binges in the past month due to some stressful events and sickness.
  4. I need to sleep more!!!! I have been going on 4 or 5 hours of sleep many days, and I know I feel like crap afterwards. Also, this study reveals why I've been so ravenous lately!! If I want to lose weight, I need more sleep. (I knew I'd forget to post this link...thanks for reminding me memphiswordnerd!!)
The holidays are tough with all the food, events, and stress and the average person gains 6 pounds during this holiday season. So, here is my proposed plan of attack for this week:

  1. Get to the gym three times this week for a minimum of one hour. I also will check into the 24-hour gym that recently opened up to see if that will work better with my schedule.
  2. Write down every morsel of food that goes into my mouth, track the point values, and how I felt when I ate.
  3. Get to bed by 11:30 three times this week.
  4. Get rid of those darn Dove chocolates in my room that I bought earlier this week!
  5. Start using my pedometer again and make conscious efforts to walk more by taking a walk either outside or in the building during my breaks at work. That way, when I'm short on time, I can at least accomplish something for me!! I need to work back into the 10,000 steps a day goal that I had worked on last year. Thank you to Mo for the idea!!
I could add a lot more to that list, but finals week starts Monday, so this should be good enough. What can you do to help me? Email me or comment and ask me how I'm doing whenever you drop by. If I have to post results or be accountable to you all, I know I'll be more committed too :)