Thursday, December 02, 2004
Smelly Cat...

Some wild things go on at my house when I'm usually at school. How do I know this? Well, when I got up this morning, I could not maintain my balance...at all. My ear has been bugging me on and off for awhile, so I'm assuming it has something to do with that. If I still feel crappy tomorrow, I'll go to the doctor. So anyways, as I was saying, since I felt like death warmed over and I walked like I was drunk, I stayed home. Well, my roommate downstairs also was home most of the day. First, she was playing some angst-filled, whiny, college radio station type music, which I have no problem with and listen to on many occassions. I kept listening, and then this one song started, and the guitar playing was somewhat ok but the singing was crappy. I said to myself, "Who allows this song to be aired public??" Then it stopped, and restarted at the beginning, a chord was blown and started over again. I realized this clearly was no longer a CD or the radio...it was my roommate!! Her performance reminded me a bit of Phoebe from Friends. A girl with a guitar...well she kept at her playing for at least 45 minutes. I expected her to change to a new song, but it was the same one over and over again. She left for awhile, and then she started up again ON THE SAME SONG after she got home. I wonder if she realizes that she isn't that good! Who am I to judge though? I haven't played a guitar in years, haven't picked up my clarinet in a year, and am too nervous to sing in front of anyone but strangers. Maybe my roommate and I should start a group...I'll handle the vocals and she can do the strumming. Tonight, my other roommate is giving oboe lessons to one of her private students, so our house is rocking with music today :)