Thursday, January 13, 2005
The Obligatory 100 Things About Me

Well, I've been keeping this blog up for a few months, so I guess it's time to share some basics about me. Everybody else does it so I better jump on the bandwagon :) I dare you to read it all. Enjoy!
  1. My name is Jodi.
  2. It almost was Jodie, but my mom decided to add the e to the end of my middle name.
  3. My first name gives away that I was born in the 70s. You never hear a young gal with this name anymore.
  4. I'm the oldest in a family of four girls. Yes, my stepdad doesn't get his way much.
  5. I got to be an only child for about 8 years, and I miss it quite a bit.
  6. I was a little surprise for my mom back when she was 23.
  7. I've met my biological dad once at his mother's (my grandma that I was very close to) funeral.
  8. I occasionally wonder what it'd be like if he was in my life, but after enduring my stepdad, I don't think I'm missing out on much.
  9. I have blue eyes and wavy shoulder-length hair.
  10. My hair is way too thick and I hear about it every time I go to a stylist. They envy it but I hate it!
  11. I'm a huge klutz. I could go on for days about my spills, injuries, and accidents. But I won't.
  12. My right ankle is held together by a plate and pins. If the scars would go away, I'd forget it happened.
  13. I have a very dysfunctional family life. Sometimes it feels like my stepdad and sisters only want me around when I have money. I love my mom though!
  14. I weave many incorrect stories about my life to make me sound better....but not on this blog! I like my fantasies a lot more than reality sometimes!
  15. I am notorious for sneezing after inhaling perfume. My record is 22 sneezes in a row :)
  16. When I was in a dating slump, I made up a boyfriend so my parents wouldn't bug me about my love life. They think he still exists. The guy does, but our relationship doesn't.
  17. I sometimes get confused and think we had something! Sad isn't it?
  18. I've lived in Sioux Falls all my life and most of my family lives in the midwest.
  19. I will be moving after I finish school since Paul found a great job elsewhere. Doing the long-distance thing sucks!!
  20. I'm a horrible procrastinator.
  21. I'm working on a business degree...I have a 4.0 GPA so far!
  22. I also have a biology major.
  23. I had planned on going to med school, but then I wasn't ready to commit to another 4 years minimum in school.
  24. After an epiphany last week, I've decided that I need to get back in the medical profession. I've put it off too long. I need to finish the business degree first though!
  25. I love to travel...I just wish I had the funds to do it more often.
  26. Besides NYC, my next favorite spot is Tokyo, Japan.
  27. I've also travelled through Korea, China, Canada, and drove through many other states.
  28. I've never been to Disney World or Disneyland. I don't feel too deprived.
  29. I've struggled with my weight since 3rd grade. I gained about 40 pounds in a year after my mom got married, which freaked out the school nurse.
  30. I've kept gaining slowly ever since, despite many efforts.
  31. I've finally had success with losing in the past two years. It's been a slow process, but I refuse to quit this time.
  32. My first diet was Shapedown for Teens, a medically approved program, back in 6th grade.
  33. I shaved a minute off my mile run time, but I didn't shed much else.
  34. Then, I joined Weight Watchers with my mom during middle school. I quit quickly because I didn't identify with anyone there. I did lose 20 pounds before I left, though!
  35. Then, I moved on to NutriSystem in high school. I just didn't have the willpower to keep eating packaged meals when the whole family was eating all my favorite other things.
  36. My stepdad finished the meals I never ate. He eats everything and a lot of it, but never gains a pound.
  37. I'm jealous about that. Maybe he has a tapeworm.
  38. If not for the stomach complications and damage to health, I wish I could have one :) My bf had an intestinal parasite and it wasn't that good for him, but dang he dropped some weight quickly!
  39. My mom was always on a different diet as I was growing up. Maybe, that's where some of my food hang-ups come from. She's done Cambridge, the cabbage diet, the grapefruit diet, Formu 3, Slim Fast, WW, plus many more that I can't think of right now.
  40. Besides my ankle, I've also broken my wrist, had my gall bladder, appendix, tonsils and adenoids removed, and also have Osgood-Schlatter's in my knee.
  41. I played soccer for many years and was really good at it!! I've had quite a few blows to the head and knee injuries. Explains my mental problems now :)
  42. I was the SD spelling champion in 8th grade.
  43. I'm proud to tell you that fact...what does that make me?
  44. I have size 11 feet.
  45. My foot size makes it hard to find cute shoes!! At least, not affordable ones.
  46. I have wedding fever.
  47. I have major pressure from family and friends about getting hitched.
  48. I just need a darn proposal, damnit! I think 5 years is enough time to wait!
  49. My first job, other than babysitting, was at McDonald's.
  50. Working there didn't turn me off of the food. And, of course, I got things half price, so I could order more.
  51. I lasted there for 6 months, and I just made enough money to help pay for my band trip, and learned enough to never want to work in fast-food again.
  52. Yes I was a band geek. Proud of it!
  53. I primarily play the clarinet (including the B flat, alto, bass, and E flat), alto and soprano sax, some trumpet and baritone, some guitar, and can peck my way through songs on the piano.
  54. Band is what got me travelling and on the plane for the first time.
  55. I've performed at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in '94. In college, we had a band tour every year and that's what got me to Asia!
  56. I also love to sing but I really hate auditions or solos. I have some wonderful performances that you may catch while I'm driving down the interstate.
  57. I live in a house with two roommates. We connected through a rental website. We also share the house with two dogs, Baylor and Belmont.
  58. My room is getting too small, so I wish I could find a temporary place until my big move.
  59. Either that, or I'm just too messy so my room seems smaller.
  60. I admit it, I am not a neat person. My room is a mess and I have my own system of organization that nobody will understand but me.
  61. My Pauly is a neat-freak. Luckily, he doesn't get annoyed by my messes and he will clean for me.
  62. My Bloginality is INFP!!! Gee, isn't that insightful?
  63. I can be quite a sarcastic bitch sometimes. If you can't deal with it, too bad :)
  64. Despite rumors, I can cook. I just don't like to spend a bunch of a time in the kitchen.
  65. I'm running out of things to list!! I'm not the most exciting person in the world.
  66. I'm a big people pleaser. It hurts when I go out of my way to help someone, and then end up getting shafted.
  67. I suffer from low self-esteem issues. As I get more fit and healthy, my self-confidence is also rising. Maybe someday, I'll have a huge ego.
  68. I do not think losing weight will solve my problems, but it sure won't hurt.
  69. I've never done this number.
  70. I do plan on doing it someday.
  71. I think I'll enjoy it :)
  72. I've lost about 30 pounds since committing to getting healthy about 1.5 years ago.
  73. I actually lost about 50, but then I got lax and gained some back.
  74. I succeeded with the support of the great people in the Ediets support rooms.
  75. I do not follow their food plan anymore.
  76. I've rejoined WW again in September, and it has really helped me focus.
  77. I'm doing the Flex Points.
  78. No, I haven't tried Core, and I don't know if I ever will.
  79. I love The Biggest Loser.
  80. I'm seriously considering sending in a tape for the next show.
  81. Yes, I know their weight loss isn't realistic, but I'd love to have personal trainers push me to my limits, have my meals prepared for me, and have no other commitments to deal with so I can have that kind of success.
  82. I also am addicted to other reality shows like The Bachelorette and The Amazing Race.
  83. I even liked My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance. Keep that on the downlow :)
  84. I worked at Kmart all through college. After dealing with returns and cranky customers, I have sworn off retail as well!
  85. I then got into phone work after college since I put off med school. First, I worked in the credit card area for three years. I did well and the pay was much better than retail.
  86. Then, I moved onto sales at Gateway. That paid well at first too....then that started tanking too. Their whole retail store idea is what brought them down...bad, bad, bad.
  87. I went back to the lovely credit cards again at Citibank. I loved the coworkers, but hated the company. Yes, I pushed those balance transfers and extra products on you, and I'm sorry!
  88. I'm now a personal banker. I like the company a lot, and there is a lot of ways to move up within the organization.
  89. I miss my grandpa a lot. It's a scary thought thinking he may be able to see everything I'm doing now.
  90. I doubt anybody is reading this far down my list. If you are, hi!!
  91. I can swim, but am deathly afraid of water depths taller than me.
  92. The diving board freaks me out too.
  93. I'm painfully shy. I used to be the most talkative person ever....I'm not exactly sure what caused the change.
  94. I am aiming to lose 60 pounds in 2005. Hence, the new tracker above. I'll still have another 30 to go in 2006.
  95. I am also a fitness informercial junkie.
  96. I've bought WATP (Walk Away the Pounds), the Firm, Core Secrets, and Winsor Pilates. Core Secrets has moved up to being my favorite.
  97. I've also bought Slim in 6 and Power 90 off of Ebay but I haven't tried those two yet.
  98. I get bored easily. Which explains why I need so many different fitness videos to keep me going!
  99. People have a lot of fun with my last name during Christmas. It rhymes with a famous reindeer.
  100. My middle name is Lynne. Figured I've kept you in suspense long enough!