Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Klutzes 'R Us!

I am a huge klutz. I guess I have found myself a good mate because he rarely teases me about my troubles with gravity. But, that's probably because he is quite the clod himself! I fear for our children if they inherit this trait from both of us! A couple of weeks ago, we had a horrible freezing rain storm. The next day, everything was iced over and sidewalks were not sanded well. When we were walking down the stairs outside of our apartment, Paul slipped, fell down about 8 steps, and came inches from having his manhood ram into the railing. I wanted to laugh so much, but then I could see that he was really hurting. At work, he even sent out an email requesting a cushion for his rear....and his bruises were quite nasty looking too. He thought he'd be ok, but a few days later, his back really started hurting him. On Thursday, he couldn't bear to get out of bed so we took him to the doctor. Turns out he had two compressed vertebrae...ouch! Good thing I didn't laugh! The doc gave him some meds and told him to come back in if the pain started affecting his legs. And the pain sure did...he fell down twice yesterday so we took him in again and he got much better pain meds. So hopefully, he'll be going back to work tomorrow! I think his accident is the closest he's come to beating my klutzy stairs accident when I broke my ankle!

Other than that, I've been busy writing holiday cards and must get back to it! I think I have 40 more to fill out. I never send out cards, but since we're sending out Save the Date magnets, it seemed easier to do it this way...hit two birds with one stone. I hope my hand can make it through writing the rest!

More updates tomorrow, unless I lose an arm!