Friday, August 05, 2005
Tie a String

I think I'm losing my mind! I'm again in the phase of losing everything again. Last night, it took me an hour to find my remote control in my room and I have the place clean! In the past week, I've also lost my keys (and found again, thank goodness), my cell phone, and a pair of shoes. Also, I have been forgetting about half the crud that I need to do...and no desire to do what I do remember. My brain is so whacked that I even have to remind myself to eat. Me? Forget to eat??? That never happens!

Why did I want to find my remote control last night? I wanted to see what the big deal is about the new show, Starved. The show was created by one who has had his own eating disorder conquer. Three of the four main characters are men. Men?!? Yes, men do go through anorexia/bulimia/overeating, but the majority of them are women...at least in my support group experience. One of the men is obsessive about his waist size and dumps detergent on his chocolate brownies to stop him from eating them. Usually, he ends up digging it out of the garbage and devouring it. Another character was a police officer who pulled over a Chinese delivery man so he could confiscate, binge, and then purge (don't know if I needed to view the vomit, thanks) the contents of the bag. I didn't enjoy the story last night, but I thought some of the portrayals of eating behaviors was right on. It was sad, but I could see myself in a few instances. This show is supposed to be a comedy...I didn't feel compelled to laugh, but I will watch it again to see what develops. I needed the control because my TV is stupid...I lost the original control for it so I haven't been able to add some channels. So just pushing the button can't get me to FX. My new control won't get me into the menu, but I can just push the buttons to get the channel. Sad, isn't it?

So, unless I amazingly misplace my laptop, I plan on updating all my weight stats finally on Monday. I haven't really stated much but occasional losses here, but I need to be more vigilant!! That way, I have a record too :)