Sunday, August 07, 2005
Sleep Deprivation for the CGB

I know a lot of people who participated in the 2005 Blogathon yesterday. I think it is such a great way to have fun and make some money for charity! I know I don't have the stamina to stay up for 24 hours and write posts every 30 minutes (I can't even keep this place updated daily), but I applaud all those who participated.

Since I didn't participate, I decided to be a cheerleader for one of my favorite sites, The Chubby Girl Brigade, which raised money for Heifer International (what an appropriate charity!) CGB almost made enough money to purchase a cow to feed the hungry. Jerilyn, the gal who was the designated blogger, had the great idea to have a chatroom so we can keep her awake and give her ideas to post about! I had stopped in late in the afternoon and then came back later and stayed up till the end (well almost!) to show my support. Well, I was technically still in the chatroom, but I must have dozed off during the last 30 minutes because I woke up 30 minutes after it was finished and I was the only one there :) If you go to her site, you'll see bits and pieces of what we talked about. I had a blast and it was great to meet so many people like Colleen from The Pretty Pear, Ty from Japan, Susannah, Zippy, Maven (oh yes, I'll always think labia boils when I see your name!), Anna, and many others. Thank you all for making me chuckle and enjoy myself more than I have in ages!!

I had so much fun that I might even try to participate myself next year. I encourage all of you to think about the Blogathon and either show your support by donating or participating. You have a whole year to get ready!! And if you missed out, I believe you can still donate until Tuesday.