Thursday, September 02, 2004
I'm Baaaaacckkk!!

Wow, I can't believe it is Thursday already!! I've been so busy with school, studying, and work that I forgot to post...that won't be happening again!!

Well, I did go to my first Weight Watchers meeting on Tuesday. I know there is a whole controversy about the change to the Core program, but I'm going to try the Flex program this week. I don't know if I'm ready to listen to hunger cues and stick to core foods....I think the Flex is more convenient with me having to grab food fast. After two days, I really like the program...it's a lot easier than counting calories and it's a little tough to eat all the points I'm allowed...Wednesday I was about 3 points shy....today I know I'll be a bit shy....but I bet that'll change over the weekend. I love their scale....it weighed me 4 pounds lighter than my scale at home....still not a happy number, but at least I haven't gained everything I've lost. 266.4....my high when I started was 285. We set my first goal as 10%, so about 27 pounds. I know I can do it.

The only thing I didn't like about WW is running into a gal that was in my confirmation class at church about ten years ago. She hated me then and shunned me because she didn't want to be around a fatty and she thought she was too cool for everybody!! Well, I guess in one way it's nice to know she now knows the trouble of weight. She looked just a bit chunkier than I remember her...she says she's lost about 15 pounds since starting. I was shocked she was the one to acknowledge me first!!! I guess people can change when they want to. She told me that she is in medical school....and I'm thinking....Fuck, that is my goal that I put off!! I had to tell her I was a banker...which is a good job....but not what I want to be for the rest of my life. Ooooh, I still hate her, but I'll be civil if she goes to that same meeting time again!

Today, I had my first test since going back to school...and I passed with flying colors. I was so worried that I'd start feeling sick like I did in my last semester of college 4 years ago. I had the worst test phobia or something going on...I barely made it out alive back then. I thought the test was pretty easy and I got an A!!! Woohoo!! I guess I didn't lose all my brains!! I don't know how well my accounting class went though....guess I'll find out on Tuesday.