Thursday, August 26, 2004
When I Grow Up...

Late night again for me!!! Someday, I will post in the morning...if my brain ever decides to turn on at that time :)

Today is Wednesday, which is also known as "Time for that Lame Chat with Your Supervisor Day". Now normally, these don't bother me because I'm usually ranked high in sales. But this quarter blows big donkey chunks!!! Now, I know I'm not selling differently as far as I can tell, I'm doing lots of loan applications, but money isn't spilling in!! Since I was #2 for the whole center last quarter, my supervisor feels that she has the magic power to figure out where I'm lacking!!! So she has me pull out my sales tracking sheets, my loan logs, just about everything she can think of, and she CAN'T FIND ONE THING to help coach me about. So now, she's going to listen to even more of my calls and see if she can find some word or phrase that I'm saying differently than before. She's just grasping at straws...as all of us at the call center know, a lot of our success is the luck of the draw....we can't choose our customers (or their credit) and you have to make the most of it. Then to top off this wonderful day at work, our phone lines get whacked and I start to get disconnected in the middle of my phone calls!! It's happening to everybody, so we all get off the phone..... We weren't allowed to go home, so I'm stuck there for 2.5 hours!!! Can't go watch TV, can't go outside, get bored of talking with coworkers....it was a damn prison!!! When I grow up and figure out what to do with my life, I'm going to make sure I'm the one in charge...maybe my own business...or just something where I'm not just one of the many!!

Foodwise.....we had a giant picnic for the business students at school today....enough said. Exercise.....got some walking in....and then pacing through the building at work...planned on doing my pilates video but didn't feel like it after studying. When I start WW next week, I'm going to commit fully to everything again instead of my lackluster half-assed ways right now.